START DATES IN FEBRUARY, MARCH AND APRIL ARE NOW CLOSED.
Register now for May and later.
Due to the large number of soldiers being called up there is a shortage of beds at IDF Bases for volunteers. This means that you likely will be accommodated in one of two large tents (men and women separate) sleeping up to 30 people each.
As always, don’t book your flights until you are accepted by both Sar-El Canada and Sar-El Israel.
Join the adventure as a volunteer in Israel!
Click Here to apply!
Escape the everyday
Work with IDF soldiers
Make new friends from around the world
- 2022-10-09: Covid 19 entry forms are no longer required to enter Israel.
- 2022-10-01: Canadian ArriveCAN Travel health measures ended.
- 2022-09-06: New Program Dates are now available through 2024. See the latest schedule here.
- English: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRsqlj4JdtI
- Français : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFjdw73UHQQ
The Volunteering Experience
Read about the latest Sar-El Canada volunteer experiences here.
In the summer of 1982, in the midst of the Galilee War, Golan Heights settlements faced the disastrous prospect of losing their entire agricultural crop. The majority of able-bodied settlers were called up for army reserve duty and entire farms, with crops already ripened, were left unattended, due to the acute manpower shortage. Dr. Aharon Davidi (z”l ), the former head of the I.D.F. Paratroopers and Infantry Corps, was then directing the Golan Heights community and cultural activities.
Touched by the settlers’ distress, he sent a number of friends as a recruitment team to the United States.
Click here to read more.