|Before Start Date
Applications not received within the preceding minimum lead times prior to the start date may not be accepted. However, due to the Gaza war, we are often able to expedite on-line applications and process them more quickly. Note that, longer processing times should be expected if you do not submit an on-line application
If you have any questions about the following, please contact your local Sar-El Canada Office.
To expedite the process, all volunteers should:
Returning Volunteers who have already used the on-line application may skip the detailed instructions by using the shorter procedure found here.
First Time Volunteers using the on-line application: (Or those who have never used the on-line form) continue to the detailed procedure here.
ONLY if you cannot submit an on-line application: you must also print and, where applicable, sign the following (Note: manual, email or paper applications will significantly delay processing of your application so please , if possible, complete the on-line application)
- A clear picture of your passport photo page
- Printable Application Form ( How we get to know you)
- Printable Agreement (What we both agree to)
- The Sar-El medical certificate filled in and signed by you and your doctor. Note this is the ONLY acceptable medical certificate.
- Proof of medical travel insurance.
- If this is your first time, a letter of recommendation from your rabbi, another recognized community leader or a former Sar-El Canada Volunteer.
Add Documents or Flight Information Later:
The only mandatory document for making an on-line application is a copy of the photo page of your passport. You may send additional documents using this link to add documents or flight information to an existing application.