Application procedure for returning volunteers
This page is only for use by returning volunteers who are familiar with the on-line application process and contains only minimal guidance. First time volunteers or those not familiar with the on-line application procedure should follow the detailed procedure outlined here.
You may start the application as long as you have a passport valid for at least 6 months after your return date. Any other missing documents as well as flight information should be submitted here at a later date.
Part 1: Sar-El Canada Application
- Scan and save the picture page of your passport*
- Print the blank Medical Certificate and have it signed by your doctor.
- Scan and save the completed & signed Medical Certificate*
- Scan and save your proof of Medical insurance*
- Proceed to the Online Application Form.
- Pay the Sar-El Canada registration fee of C$100 by Interac email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by check to made out to Sar-El Canada 788 Marlee Ave, Suite 315 Toronto ON M6B 3K1
- Receive approval from Sar-El Canada
- Proceed to Part 2, Sar-El Israel Acceptance process.
Part 2: Acceptance by SAR-EL Israel
- Receive the Israeli registration Link from Sar-EL Israel
- Submit (to Israel) the Sar-El Israel Waiver
- Pay the Sar-EL Israel Application fee of US$100 by credit card (increasing to US$120 on 2024-01-01)
- Receive Sar-El Israel acceptance letter (2-4 days)
Part 3: After your final acceptance is received from Israel:
- Book air ticket to Israel and
- Submit any missing documents and flight information here.
- Consider Trip Cancellation Insurance.
- Arrange Accommodation in Israel for weekends
- Arrange for an Israeli Sim Card or Cell phone or an Israeli Voice & Data Plan your Canadian cell phone.
- One week prior to your start date you will receive your meeting instructions by email from Sar-EL Israel.
- Consider a Rav Kav card if you’re planning on taking any Public Transportation in Israel.
* These documents are mandatory and should be carried with you in Israel.