1. I am at least 18 years of age.
2. I have been advised that the Program may call at times for vigorous exertion and physical effort under spartan living conditions. I declare that I am in good physical condition and in good mental health, physically capable of participating in this Program, and have consulted and obtained confirmation of such from my personal physician or other health authority before agreeing to participate in this Program. I have submitted my signed Medical Certificate which fully and accurately sets out any relevant medical conditions to the best of my knowledge.
3. I hereby authorize Sar-El Canada, Sar-El and any person who is in custody of my medical records to release those records to the appropriate medical personnel in Israel. Sar-El Canada and Sar-El undertake to seek and release such records only where this reasonably appears to be in my medical interest.
4. I understand that I may be responsible for the cost of any medical attention or treatment or related services that I may require while on the Program. I will carry, at my expense, adequate health insurance. It has been recommended, but not required, that I carry travel insurance. I am fully aware that provincial health insurance and some private insurance plans do not provide full coverage outside of Canada.
5. I understand that I will be required to leave the base on weekends and some holidays, and that I am responsible for my own off-base arrangements including, in particular, transportation and accommodation off-base for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. In the event that I agree to accept any such arrangements made on my behalf by Sar-El personnel or participants, I accept full personal responsibility for them and agree to hold Sar-El Canada, Sar-El, BIEC, BJEC and FCJA harmless for any injury, prejudice or damage I may sustain related to or arising from them.
6. I recognize that there are inherent risks in participating in the Program and I hereby expressly assume the risk for all losses, illness and injury that may result from my participation. In consideration for acceptance of my application in the Program and the substantial organizational and other benefits provided to me by Sar-El Canada and Sar-El, I hereby expressly waive for myself, my heirs and assigns any and all claims, costs, liabilities, defences or judgments including legal fees and court costs (herein after collectively referred to as Claims) against Sar-El Canada or Sar-El, BIEC, BJEC and FCJA arising out of my participation in the Program including any losses, illness or injury suffered by me while travelling to, from or participating in the Program.
7. I hereby further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sar-El Canada and Sar-El and BIEC, BJEC and FCJA their employees, trustees and officers and any other persons or entities involved with SarEl Canada or Sar-El or BIEC, BJEC and FCJA from or against any and all such Claims. I further agree to indemnify and hold Sar-El Canada or Sar-El or BIEC, BJEC and FCJA harmless from any and all Claims that may be brought against Sar-El Canada or Sar-El or BIEC, BJEC and FCJA on account of misconduct on my part.
8. The invalidity of any particular provision of this agreement shall not affect any other provision of it, but the agreement shall be construed as if the invalid provision had been omitted.
9. The present agreement is governed by the laws applicable in the province of Ontario.
10. I acknowledge that I have been advised to obtain independent legal advice and have done so, or by my electronic Agreement, have waived doing so.
11. I understand and accept that personal information provided to Sar-El Canada may be provided to Sar-El Israel and the Israel Defense Force to gain my acceptance into the Program
12. The present Agreement is drafted in the English language at my request. La présente entente est redigée en langue anglaise à ma demande.