We suggest you use the following checklist as a memory aid when completing your application.
If documents, other than your passport, are not available at the time you submit the application you may submit them later via the following link ADD DOCUMENTS)
Part 1: INITIAL APPLICATION TO SAR-EL CANADA
- Scan and save the picture page of your passport **
- Print, sign and scan the Sar-El Israel Waiver
- Print the blank Medical Certificate
- Have your doctor fill in and sign the Medical Certification
- Scan and save the completed & signed Medical Certificate*
- Scan and save your proof of Medical insurance*
- Scan and save your proof of Covid Vaccination*
- Scan and save your Letter of Reference (FIRST TIME VOLUNTEERS ONLY )
- Start the online application
- Read the application procedure carefully!
- Submit your passport where requested (Mandatory to submit the application)
- Submit the medical certificate signed by your doctor and yourself *
- Submit your proof of vaccination*
- Submit the Sar-El Israel waiver*
- Submit Proof of Medical Insurance including Covid coverage and Covid Quarantine Insurance*
- Complete the online Application program (Steps 1 to 10 which includes accepting the agreements) and SUBMIT the available documents
FIRST TIME VOLUNTEERS ONLY
- Arrange an interview with Toronto or Montreal offices or regional representatives
- Submit letter of recommendation*
- Pay the Sar-El Canada registration fee of C$100 by Interac or by check
- Receive approval from Sar-El Canada
Part 2: SECONDARY APPLICATION TO SAR-EL ISRAEL
- Receive the Israeli registration Link from Sar-EL Israel
- Complete the Sar-El Israel Application Form and submit it
- Submit to Israel the Sar-El Israel Waiver
- Pay the Sar-EL Israel Application fee of US$100 by credit card
- Receive Sar-El Israel application approval
Part 3: ADDITIONAL ITEMS
After your final approval is received from Israel:
- Book airfare to Israel and advise Sar-EL Canada of your flight details. (Be sure to leave enough time to receive any required test results to arrive both coming and going)
- Consider Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Arrange Accommodation in Israel for weekends
- Arrange for an Israeli Sim Card or Cell phone or an Israeli Voice & Data Plan your Canadian cell phone.
- Obtain and pack 5 Rapid Antigen Covid Tests (3 are Currently required to board the bus to the base + 2 in case you get sick during the work week)
- Ensure that one week prior to your start date you receive your meeting instructions by email from Sar-EL Israel
- Consider a Rav Kav card if you’re planning on taking any Public Transportation in Israel
- Confirm that you meet all entry requirements into Israel by going to the following link https://corona.health.gov.il/en/abroad/arriving-foreign-nationals/
- Confirm that you meet all requirements for flying on a Canadian airline or departing from Canada by going to the following link https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/covid-19.html#/#sherpaResult
- Fill out the entry form to Israel during the 10 days prior your arrival in Israel.
- Receive “Entry Statement Form Confirmation” (green card ?) after submitting “Entry Statement Form”
Part 4: RETURNING TO CANADA
- Prepare and submit Canadian “ArriveCan ” form prior to return to Canada https://arrivecan.cbsa-asfc.cloud-nuage.canada.ca/welcome
* These items may be uploaded at a later time (before the Application Deadlines) if they are not available when you submit your Sar-El Canada Application via the following link: ADD DOCUMENTS.
** You must at least include a scan of your passport picture page to submit the application.